1. NO NSFW, Ecchi, Hentai or those cropped Doujinshis.
2. No Spoilers.
3. No Cosplay (some exceptions apply).
4. No Fanart (some exceptions apply) or Fanart + Reaction.
5. No Religious or Atom Bomb jokes.
6. If the post is not related to anime culture in anyway and yet uses an anime screencap, don't bother posting.
7. Please don't post impactful/strong/emotional scenes so that it wouldn't lower the effect for those who have not watched it yet.
8. Put the anime name in title if possible and use tags as secondary title if you want.
Why is there manual approval process?
TheOtakuMeme believes in quality over quantity where reposts, memes that are not related to anime and low quality stuff will not be tolerated so you can have annoyance free experience when browsing the website.
What is your stance on reposts?
If you see a repost that was approved by mistake, use the report button and link both posts in your report. The post with higher quality (resolution) will remain and the other will be deleted.
Why my approved post was deleted?
It could be because someone else uploaded the same post as yours but it was of higher quality and hence your post being of low quality was deleted. TheOtakuMeme appreciates your effort and would like you to understand that it was done to make the website a better experience for new users.
Why is title #00 is missing?
See "What is your stance on reposts?".
What are some non-acceptable contents example?
Sure, it was very annoying to see some stuff posted as "anime" meme on some other platforms while having no relevancy at all. There is still "Other" section on TheOtakuMeme saved for stuff that's not anime/manga but worry not, nothing will be approved if it's not related to anime culture at all.